Musigny

Musigny (sometimes “Le Musigny”) is a Grand Cru vineyard site right at the heart of Burgundy’s Côte de Nuits wine district in the parish of Chambolle-Musigny. The vineyard was officially classified as a grand cru in 1936, and is one of only two Burgundy grand cru vineyards to produce wines from both Pinot Noir and Chardonnay (the other is Corton).

The vineyard has long played an important part in local life. In 1882, in reflection of its prestige (and in keeping with the precedent set by the village of Gevrey-Chambertin in 1847), the Musigny name was appended to that of the village of Chambolle.